Information Icon
Create an User Account or Sign In to add a Post or Comment.

The Coronavirus Hasn’t Slowed Classical Music - The New York Times. As closures give way to a deluge of live streams, performances have never been more accessible.

In-person performances have been replaced by a deluge of digital ones — live streams and recently unlocked archive recordings — that have made for a calendar hardly less busy than before concert halls closed.

In the past week alone, I’ve been able to watch older performances I missed; ones I had hoped to travel for... See More

The Coronavirus Hasn’t Slowed Classical Music - The New York Times. As closures give way to a deluge of live streams, performances have never been more accessible.

In-person performances have been replaced by a deluge of digital ones — live streams and recently unlocked archive recordings — that have made for a calendar hardly less busy than before concert halls closed.

In the past week alone, I’ve been able to watch older performances I missed; ones I had hoped to travel for this spring; ones that would otherwise seem unfathomable, like the pianist Maria João Pires coming out of retirement. If anything, I’m taking in more music than before; the only difference is that now I can be in multiple places — or at least multiple browser tabs — at once.

#WuhanVirus #covid19 #coronavirus #wuhan #SocialDistancing #pandemic #TogetherAtHome #StayAtHome #livestream #youtube