Information Icon
Create an User Account or Sign In to add a Post or Comment.

A question here regarding choice of rhythm for improvised arrangements:

Choosing between two rhythms to play a set of three notes as follows - playing them as a triplet, or as 2 dotted notes back-to-back.
ie: 2 dotted quavers followed by 1 quaver (or the quaver then 2 dotted quavers) vs playing them as a triplet.

What is the difference between them as such (rhythm apart)? To my understanding, playing the sequence as a triplet inspires a sort of 'equality' to the melody... See More

A question here regarding choice of rhythm for improvised arrangements:

Choosing between two rhythms to play a set of three notes as follows - playing them as a triplet, or as 2 dotted notes back-to-back.
ie: 2 dotted quavers followed by 1 quaver (or the quaver then 2 dotted quavers) vs playing them as a triplet.

What is the difference between them as such (rhythm apart)? To my understanding, playing the sequence as a triplet inspires a sort of 'equality' to the melody they produce; that is to say they are given equal emphasis. Whereas in comparison, by using the dotted rhythms one can choose to give emphasis to the dotted quavers. Apart from this, i cant discern any other notable difference in applying either rhythm.

Anyone have other insights with regards to this?

#scores #arrangements