Information Icon
Create an User Account or Sign In to add a Post or Comment.

Musical Instruments Museum is the largest instrumental museum in the world (in Arizona, USA) whereby instruments are displayed geographically by continents and sub-continents. Its size is as big as Suntec City.

I've recently discovered that we can in fact perform a COMPREHENSIVE virtual tour of its entire museum (try it, can be addictive for several hours) simply via Google Maps!

And it is deadly accurate because we do see the Banjo and Sousaphone in USA, the Musette accordion... See More

Musical Instruments Museum is the largest instrumental museum in the world (in Arizona, USA) whereby instruments are displayed geographically by continents and sub-continents. Its size is as big as Suntec City.

I've recently discovered that we can in fact perform a COMPREHENSIVE virtual tour of its entire museum (try it, can be addictive for several hours) simply via Google Maps!

And it is deadly accurate because we do see the Banjo and Sousaphone in USA, the Musette accordion in France, Highland Bagpipes in Scotland, Mandolins in Italy, Tárogató and Cimbalom in Hungary, and the Shakuhachi and Shamisen in Japan and many more!

Remember to use your desktop PC (so that we can use the scroll button at the centre of our mouse to navigate) instead of your smartphone to best enjoy the tour!

#general

of 4
Sng Yong Meng

Wow, didn't know Google Maps can take you on a virtual tour of a place like that!! =)!!

The words on the wall, and those in front of the exhibits to explain them, are too small to see,... See More

Wow, didn't know Google Maps can take you on a virtual tour of a place like that!! =)!!

The words on the wall, and those in front of the exhibits to explain them, are too small to see, though.

April 15, 2017 at 10:11pm
Goh Zensen

That's why. How I wished in the near future, the resolutions are higher!

April 15, 2017 at 10:56pm
Corrine Ying

That's interesting, great for an ethnomusicology lesson.

April 17, 2017 at 10:39pm
Goh Zensen

Yes, or a music lesson infusing ICT in commemorating International Friendship Day!

April 19, 2017 at 8:21pm