Information Icon
Create an User Account or Sign In to add a Post or Comment.

If only my piano teachers had explained to me the purpose of scales and arpeggios all those years when I was learning the piano, I believe I would have taken to them with greater enthusiasm. But somehow none ever did ! It was only after I stopped learning the piano that I realized how important they were as finger exercises . So a message for all piano teachers: Explain to your students what these exercises are for and I'm sure you'll have an easier time getting them to practise them :)... See More

If only my piano teachers had explained to me the purpose of scales and arpeggios all those years when I was learning the piano, I believe I would have taken to them with greater enthusiasm. But somehow none ever did ! It was only after I stopped learning the piano that I realized how important they were as finger exercises . So a message for all piano teachers: Explain to your students what these exercises are for and I'm sure you'll have an easier time getting them to practise them :)

#teacher

of 7
Adelynn Khoo

I think it's important to work on having both hands equally strong. Corrine did point out the boring aspect of it, which often discourages the student. Hahaha, not easy being a piano teacher. I... See More

I think it's important to work on having both hands equally strong. Corrine did point out the boring aspect of it, which often discourages the student. Hahaha, not easy being a piano teacher. I wonder how a piano teacher can add it to the lesson plans without the kids screaming. ?

October 13, 2017 at 5:26pm
Carlyn Ng

How abt Czerny?

October 14, 2017 at 12:41pm
Chris Khoo

Oh absolutely . The school of velocity :)

October 14, 2017 at 12:53pm
Carlyn Ng

Haha.. yes.. ? and I'm guessing his Art of Finger Dexterity isn't popularly explored by many.

October 14, 2017 at 3:01pm