Revolutionise Your Piano Teaching In The 21st Century
This workshop is a walk-through on the latest 2019 – 2020 ABRSM exam syllabus with a special focus on how to motivate & empower your students with her latest tips & creative ideas while capitalizing on the newest method books and most updated at eLearning strategies.
How would you benefit from this workshop?
- You will learn how to analyze patterns & structures with composers’ intentions
- How to successfully translate these analyses into creative practices & practical performances
- How to motivate students overcoming “dry & boring” practices
- How to plan your 30, 45 or 60-minute lessons
- How to help accelerate & boost students’ positive learning processes
About Alice Yap
- Master of Music
- Hochschule fur Kirchenmusik (Baden) Heidelberg Germany
- LTCL (Piano Performance), Trinity College of London, UK
- Diploma in Music (Performance), Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA)
Along with her husband James Yap, Alice graduated from the Hochschule fur Kirchenmusik (Baden) Heidelberg Germany, majoring in Piano and Chamber Music as well as Music Pedagogy for the Master of Music Degree (1992-1996). Besides under the tutelage of Prof.Eugen Polus & Prof. Margret Bauer, she also studied Piano under Prof Gabi Krietemeyer & Prof.Almut Schlaak-Riecke.
Besides training and mentoring music teachers regularly, Alice has tremendous experience in Preschool Music Education and teaching the young. She was appointed as the Cheif Curricular Advisor to set up creative junior group courses for both Methodist School of Music (since 2012) were for the last 2 institutions, she wrote the full music curriculum sets along with their modular unit guides for their lecturers, She also gave lecturers on Piano Pedagogy – Repertoire (2001), Music Classroom Teaching (2014) & Game-changing Music Pedagogical Approach – eLearning (2017) at NAFA.
Furthermore, Alice is a prolific writer & the author of 13 albums of piano study – scales & Arpeggios (Grade 1 – 8) & Violin study – Scales & Arpeggios (Grade 1-5) along with their ebook versions. Whilst busy publishing another of her 4-book Piano Gym for Smart fingers program series (age 4 – 5) & the 4-album Gym Books for the ToddlerSteps program series (Age 3- 4).