The Commission Policy sets out the basis on which ThePiano.SG collects Commission fees from you and how the fees would be collected.
By visiting our website www.thepiano.sg (our “Site”), you accept and consent to the practices set out below. You must not use our Site if you disagree with any of our practices in our Commission Policy. This policy is applied to all visitors, users, others who access or use this Site, or anyone that requests the Services of ThePiano.SG, be it requesting a Piano Teacher or registering as a Piano Teacher.
Our Commission fees are levied onto Piano Teachers / Tutors via collection of tuition fees.
- Long-term assignment (3 months and longer)
ThePiano.SG will collect 50% of tuition fees from first 4 weeks of active lessons as Commission fees. The first 2 weeks of tuition fees (50% of first 4 weeks) is paid to ThePiano.SG, thereafter tuition fees can be paid to tutors directly.
- Short-term assignment (2 months or shorter)
ThePiano.SG will collect 30% of tuition fees from the first 4 weeks of active lessons as Commission fees. The first 2 weeks of tuition fees (50% of first 4 weeks) is paid to ThePiano.SG, the remaining 20% is to be transferred to Tutors, via bank transfer, after receiving payment from Parent. This is to facilitate easier payment for the Parent.
- Trial lesson
Commission Fees on trial lessons are 30%, and is counted separately from the actual Commission. ThePiano.SG will collect the full lesson payment from the Parent, then make the transfer to the Tutor afterwards.
For example, Parent conducts 1 trial lesson and decides to continue afterwards, ThePiano.SG will collect a total Commission of 30% from trial lesson, and also the first 2 weeks of official tuition (50% of the first month). Trial lessons are not counted as official tuition.
- Cancellation/stoppage of assignment
ThePiano.SG will collect 50% of tuition fees from the total number of completed hours as Commission fees. The payment for the full duration (all completed hours by Tutor) will be paid to ThePiano.SG directly, subsequently 50% of the collected tuition fees will be transferred to the Tutor, via bank transfer.
Payments Due to ThePiano.SG
- Parents/students are to facilitate the payment of Commission to ThePiano.SG for the first 2 weeks of tuition fees. Payment is to be made to ThePiano.SG by the due date stated on the official email invoice. A S$5 administration fee will be imposed if payment is not paid by 2359 on the day of the due date.
- An official email invoice will be sent to your email upon confirmation of the tuition details with our tuition co-ordinator.
- First 4 weeks of active lessons refer to agreed tuition frequency per week for 4 weeks. For e.g, if agreed tuition frequency is 2 lessons/week and tutor misses one lesson due to various reason; in 4 weeks, a total of only 7 lessons would be completed, short of the 8 lessons should all lessons be completed. We will still collect 4 lessons worth of tuition fees, which is 50% of the agreed tuition frequency for 4 weeks as part of our agent commission fees, directly from the tutee.
- Should there be additional lessons on the first month, outside of the agreed tuition frequency, we will be collecting 50% of the additional lesson as well as part of our Commission. For e.g, if agreed tuition frequency is 1 lesson/week and the Parent decides to add 1 extra lesson to the 2nd week; the 2nd week now has 2 lessons, we will be collecting 2.5 lessons worth of tuition fees as a total of 5 lessons is completed on the first month.
- IMPORTANT: if there are any changes in tuition frequency such as additional lessons, please do inform your respective tuition co-ordinator from ThePiano.SG.
Code of Conduct for Piano Teachers / Tutors
Registered tutors have to meet expectations by not just the parent but also to ThePiano.SG. Tutors are expected to follow these 3 basic rules when dealing with our tuition coordinators.
- Be Responsible
Once you confirm an assignment, it is your duty make sure you stick to the agreed schedule, frequency/week and length of commitment. Failure to do so is an irresponsible act and causes clients and us to waste money and time.
- Keep Us Informed
Any change in frequency of lessons during the first 4-weeks of active lessons has to be made known immediately to ThePiano.SG. We will not liable for any changes that are uninformed. We may also make a claim if we were not informed of an increase in frequency of lessons.
- Be Honest
Any attempts to evade the commission, or any unreasonable and unethical behaviour will result in you being blacklisted, and we will take legal action if necessary, including but not limited to claiming our rightful commission through the Tribunal of Small Claims, and reporting offenders to the Police.