This page includes rules and guidelines for using ThePiano.SG Discussion Groups.
We will assume good faith when dealing with violations; we will only warn or ban users who repeatedly or blatantly violate the rules. Administrators have the final say in modifying, interpreting, and enforcing these rules.
Note: If you see someone breaking a rule or behaving in a questionable manner on the forums, alert a Moderator or an Administrator by clicking "Report abuse" in the option (3-dot) menu for their Discussion Group Post. Don't try to deal with it yourself.
- Users who post spam will have their Posts or Comments removed. If a Post that is otherwise appropriate includes links considered to be spam, those links will be removed.
- Spamming also includes sending Private Messages to a large number of different users.
Images and other media
- You can add images in a Post. Added images or other media must support your Post.
- Inappropriate media will be removed.
- Don't post any sensitive information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.). Moderators will remove personal information from Posts to protect your privacy.
- DO NOT ASK for email addresses and phone numbers. Your account will be banned permanently and your posts will be deleted.
- Link to content rather than posting it in its entirety, unless you are the copyright holder or have permission from the copyright holder.
- Do not post direct links to executable files. Moderators may remove these links to protect users from potentially malicious downloads. (You can post a link to the webpage that contains the file download but it may also be removed if a Moderator finds that the web page content could be harmful or if the web page link is spam.)
- Operate multiple accounts is not allowed. Immediate ban will be enforced.
Language and conduct
- Do not use slanderous, defamatory, abusive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, threatening, harassing, or excessively violent language.
- Do not harass, insult, taunt, provoke, demean, or personally attack other Discussion Group members.
- Do not purposefully target private individuals with the intention of degrading or shaming them by posting content (i) that identify and shame private individuals, (ii) with images altered to degrade private individuals, (iii) with photos or videos of physical bullying posted to shame the victim, or (iv) that shares personal information to blackmail or harass people.
- Do not post political and racial contents.
- Do not impersonate other participants and public figures.
- Do not use FULL CAPS postings. In the Internet, CAPS equates to shouting.
- Do not post "Smiley" only posts. Extremely short or "Smiley" only posts that are non-constructive in nature are not beneficial to discussions.
- Do not leave lots of blank lines in your post. Posting with lots of blanks lines will be deleted.
- Be friendly even if others are not.
- Do not excessively "bump" a Post (post to get a Post to the top of the list).
- Respect the viewpoints of others, even if you may not agree with them. Agree to disagree.
- Do not post information which is not publicly available.
- Do not openly argue with a Moderator. Contact the Moderator via a Private Message.
- Do not publicly post or otherwise share Private Messages with other users unless you have the expressed permission of the involved parties to do so. Private Messages are intended to be just that - private.
- Do not cross post - posting the same content in several Discussion Groups. There is normally one Discussion Group which is most suitable for your Post, and will invite quicker responses.
- Do not use excessive abbreviations and dialects. Posts or Comments with such content will be removed; the contributor will also either receive a warning or be banned. The Dicussion Groups have members of all races and nationalities. So, kindly be considerate and use proper English with punctuations.
- We don’t allow any organisations that are engaged in Terrorist activity, or Organised criminal activity to have a presence in our Discussion Groups and ThePiano.SG.
- We prohibit the use of our Discussion Groups to facilitate or organise criminal activity that causes physical harm to people, businesses or animals, or financial damage to people or businesses.
- We prohibit any attempts by private individuals to purchase, sell, or trade prescription drugs, marijuana, firearms or ammunition.
Ads & Solicitation
- Advertisement or solicitation of any kind is not allowed in ThePiano.SG Discussion Groups.
- Unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content is not allowed.
- Do not spam the Discussion Groups with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc.
- Repeat offenders will be removed from the Discussion Groups.
Please note that the Discussion Rules and Guidelines are not exhaustive, and will be subject to change as and when required.