Information Icon
Create an User Account or Sign In to add a Post or Comment.

Love is Blue is a classic sentimental song that has captured my attention, since I first heard it in music lesson in Secondary 1. My music teacher Mr Sem Kai Peng played this out, and we students were supposed to play out the piece on the recorder.

Recently after receiving music lessons in 2018, I heard this piece again and attempted to deconstruct its elements. I will be deconstructing the Paul Mariat A minor version.
Its introduction chords is appregioic zigzag style, and my... See More

Love is Blue is a classic sentimental song that has captured my attention, since I first heard it in music lesson in Secondary 1. My music teacher Mr Sem Kai Peng played this out, and we students were supposed to play out the piece on the recorder.

Recently after receiving music lessons in 2018, I heard this piece again and attempted to deconstruct its elements. I will be deconstructing the Paul Mariat A minor version.
Its introduction chords is appregioic zigzag style, and my favourite element is the counter melody in the second verse.
In the middle of the piece, there is a parallel modulation from A minor to A major. I feel this is very apt as after the modulation to the major key, the lyrics turn from being depressed about lost love, to flashbacks about happier times "When we met, how the bright sun shone." before going back to being sad again "Then love died, now the rainbow is gone", and correspondingly the music changes back to the minor key.

Thanks for reading my analysis and perhaps I shall post again about my favourite piano pieces.

#PianoPieces