Information Icon
Create an User Account or Sign In to add a Post or Comment.

Piano Trivia Time #6 - Is there anything different about the piano pictured below; what is it?

#general

of 11
Gavin Koh

I kind of think of this as a person getting used to both left-hand and right-hand drive, but the complexity involved would be tremendous. If you could play on both, you would truly be an... See More

I kind of think of this as a person getting used to both left-hand and right-hand drive, but the complexity involved would be tremendous. If you could play on both, you would truly be an ambidextrous god!

August 11, 2018 at 12:01pm
Liew Soo Hin

I think driving is completely different from this. The way you look at the scores, and how you move your fingers will be really more challenging. Just imagining playing the first 9 notes of Fur... See More

I think driving is completely different from this. The way you look at the scores, and how you move your fingers will be really more challenging. Just imagining playing the first 9 notes of Fur Elise's on my left hand is already taxing my brain and finger muscles!

August 11, 2018 at 1:34pm
Gavin Koh

Conversely, it must be tough forcing a left-handed person to play on a "right-handed" piano? Perhaps somebody who is left-handed should chip in and share their viewpoint.

August 11, 2018 at 2:18pm
Adelynn Khoo

I've even heard of people saying that left-handed pianists are better pianists!

September 8, 2018 at 1:09am