Information Icon
Create an User Account or Sign In to add a Post or Comment.

Piano Trivia Time #4 - In which city can you find the oldest piano in existence on display today? How old is it and how many keys did it have?

#general

of 9
Gavin Koh

?... You can hear the oldest piano being played here too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XDJ2O4P97I

July 29, 2018 at 2:02pm
Liew Soo Hin

I think the pianist will have immense pressure on him! What if he accidentally break a string or something!! The oldest piano!

Btw, what about those other pianos by famous composers? Are... See More

I think the pianist will have immense pressure on him! What if he accidentally break a string or something!! The oldest piano!

Btw, what about those other pianos by famous composers? Are they preserved or something?

August 11, 2018 at 11:27am
Gavin Koh

The piano tuner would also feel stressed repairing a broken string on such a pristine piano.

The pianos of famous composers are well preserved in museums. Here are just a few of them:

... See More

The piano tuner would also feel stressed repairing a broken string on such a pristine piano.

The pianos of famous composers are well preserved in museums. Here are just a few of them:

- Mozart's piano can be found at his home in Vienna.

- Chopin's only working piano can be found as part of the Cobbe collection of musical instruments displayed at Hatchlands, a country house run by Britain's National Trust in the southern English county of Surrey. Chopin's other pianos in Paris and Majorca do not work.

- At the Budapest museum dedicated to Liszt are two Chickering pianos and a Bösendorfer piano. There's also an Erard grand piano owned by Liszt during the last 15 years of his life at the Metropolitan Museum in New York.

- You can find one of Beethoven's piano in Bonn at the museum dedicated to him.

August 12, 2018 at 2:33pm
Liew Soo Hin

Nice. Wonder how current pianists will feel playing on these preserved pianos. Ha.

August 11, 2018 at 1:32pm