Information Icon
Create an User Account or Sign In to add a Post or Comment.

Besides Richard Clayderman, are there any other people whose light piano music playing is well known (if not as famous)? Here's my list of the pianists from yesteryear (please see comments below as I can't paste them here due to some technical reason). Some of these artistes are still around to serenade us; their music, and their playing style, shall however remain evergreen. Enjoy listening and getting ideas for a song you wish to perform.

... See More

Besides Richard Clayderman, are there any other people whose light piano music playing is well known (if not as famous)? Here's my list of the pianists from yesteryear (please see comments below as I can't paste them here due to some technical reason). Some of these artistes are still around to serenade us; their music, and their playing style, shall however remain evergreen. Enjoy listening and getting ideas for a song you wish to perform.

#general

of 6
Goh Zensen

Have you heard Yanni's "Until the Last Moment"? When I first heard it, I thought it was another Richard Clayderman's piece:

... See More

Have you heard Yanni's "Until the Last Moment"? When I first heard it, I thought it was another Richard Clayderman's piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R4xEB-v_dE

April 12, 2018 at 3:17pm
Gavin Koh

I listen to a lot of Clayderman, so there is no way I can mistake Yanni's music as Clayderman's. One obvious giveaway to "Until the Last Moment" would be the missing Alberti bass variation you... See More

I listen to a lot of Clayderman, so there is no way I can mistake Yanni's music as Clayderman's. One obvious giveaway to "Until the Last Moment" would be the missing Alberti bass variation you would expect to hear in most of Clayderman's songs.

Most of Clayderman's pieces are arranged by Oliver Toussaint and Paul de Senneville. Their arrangements are very distinct and in the class of soft pop music. Mean people might call his music "elevator music", but whatever the case, it is because Clayderman's music is composed for the masses and not for the elitists (see article link).

April 14, 2018 at 4:26pm
Mabel Ong

Are Yiruma and Kevin Kern considered eligible in this list? ?

April 14, 2018 at 1:34pm
Gavin Koh

Not really, they are new age pianists. But then the term "new age" is kind of a misnomer and we could also argue that the term easily crosses over with easy listening and light piano music. So as... See More

Not really, they are new age pianists. But then the term "new age" is kind of a misnomer and we could also argue that the term easily crosses over with easy listening and light piano music. So as not to be too ambiguous, I wouldn't accept Yiruma and Kevin Kern. Consider my list the "old guards". Why don't you start yours featuring only new age pianists, like Jim Brickman, and others.

April 14, 2018 at 6:35pm