Information Icon
Create an User Account or Sign In to add a Post or Comment.

This video shows the different genres of music in the world. The pianist tried to put the most famous songs of each country to demonstrate the name of each style, playing a song for each region of the world from A to Z.

#PianoPieces

of 3
Goh Zensen

Wow, I suppose ethnomusicologists would disdain this because while some countries are represented by their folk music (which is most rightful), others are by either the nationality of their... See More

Wow, I suppose ethnomusicologists would disdain this because while some countries are represented by their folk music (which is most rightful), others are by either the nationality of their classical composers or the country's pop music! So far Brazil is represented most accurately by its Samba classic Tico-Tico.

Japan should be Sakura (if folk), if not Sukiyaki (if pop). USA is most debatable - though Ragtime could be one, what about Gershwin's Broadway/Blues, Sousa's Marches, John Williams's Oscar Soundtracks, Rock & Roll and Hip-Hop, just to name a few? Maybe I would choose Home of the Range (American Folk Song & the Unofficial Anthem of the Amercian West)!

April 7, 2018 at 12:43am
Gavin Koh

Fabricio Andre Bernard Di Paolo, or Lord Vinheteiro, is first and foremost an Youtube Star who wanted to teach other Brazilians about classical music. He has been putting out great piano videos... See More

Fabricio Andre Bernard Di Paolo, or Lord Vinheteiro, is first and foremost an Youtube Star who wanted to teach other Brazilians about classical music. He has been putting out great piano videos since 2008, and I would consider taking his opinions with a pinch of salt. Because, it's all for entertainment sake and after all Youtube Stars are here to get more clicks (which translates to cash for people like Lord Vinheteiro).

April 9, 2018 at 1:09pm
Goh Zensen

Exactly!

April 12, 2018 at 3:18pm