Information Icon
Create an User Account or Sign In to add a Post or Comment.

Piano Piece Pick of the Day #4 - For those who love ice skating, Les Patineurs Valse, or more popularly known as The Skaters' Waltz, Op. 183, is a waltz by Émile Waldteufel that is sure to please; this is possibly his best known composition.

The Waltz sets out to capture the atmosphere of skaters on the surface of the frozen River Seine, and it achieves this admirably through an introduction, four brilliantly enchanting waltz themes and a coda section that captures that wintry spirit... See More

Piano Piece Pick of the Day #4 - For those who love ice skating, Les Patineurs Valse, or more popularly known as The Skaters' Waltz, Op. 183, is a waltz by Émile Waldteufel that is sure to please; this is possibly his best known composition.

The Waltz sets out to capture the atmosphere of skaters on the surface of the frozen River Seine, and it achieves this admirably through an introduction, four brilliantly enchanting waltz themes and a coda section that captures that wintry spirit.

Video | Score

of 2
Goh Zensen

This is one of my favorites - though I personally like his Estudiantina Waltz better.

November 27, 2017 at 8:47am
Gavin Koh

Yes, that one is as popular, but I guess I am a teensy bit biased towards music that have appeared in video games. I always associate The Skater's Waltz with a cute little animated penguin skating... See More

Yes, that one is as popular, but I guess I am a teensy bit biased towards music that have appeared in video games. I always associate The Skater's Waltz with a cute little animated penguin skating whenever I hear it.

November 27, 2017 at 10:22am