Information Icon
Create an User Account or Sign In to add a Post or Comment.

Piano Piece Pick of the Day #2 - Tchaikovsky wrote all kinds of music in his time. But, one of his most melanchology songs would have to be "None, But the Lonely Heart".

Coming from his set of Six Romances (Op 6), the last piece wraps around your heart and embraces you in sadness. There is even a movie of the same name that came out in 1944, staring Cary Grant and Ethel Barrymore. A sad movie of the time, it featured Tchaikovsky's song as the background music.

Listen to this... See More

Piano Piece Pick of the Day #2 - Tchaikovsky wrote all kinds of music in his time. But, one of his most melanchology songs would have to be "None, But the Lonely Heart".

Coming from his set of Six Romances (Op 6), the last piece wraps around your heart and embraces you in sadness. There is even a movie of the same name that came out in 1944, staring Cary Grant and Ethel Barrymore. A sad movie of the time, it featured Tchaikovsky's song as the background music.

Listen to this piece below and follow the link to the voice/piano score.
Video: https://www.youtube.com.sg/watch?v=uE6kbNuSOEY
Score: https://imslp.org/wiki/Special:ImagefromIndex/03988/ft01

#PianoPieces

of 5
Gavin Koh

I haven't watched "The Bear" (L'Ours in French) before - will grab it from The Esplanade library this weekend. You see, I love playing June; it's one of the earliest works from Tchaikovsky I... See More

I haven't watched "The Bear" (L'Ours in French) before - will grab it from The Esplanade library this weekend. You see, I love playing June; it's one of the earliest works from Tchaikovsky I learnt. Can't wait to hear the soundtrack in its entirety.

November 22, 2017 at 5:43pm
Gavin Koh

Not surprisingly, I found the full movie of The Bear on Youtube. Interesting to hear the familiar strains of June throughout.

November 22, 2017 at 10:56pm
Goh Zensen

I"m very glad you've managed to watch The Bear and finding its orchestral soundtrack superb!

November 24, 2017 at 9:39am
Gavin Koh

Hey Yong Meng, there's no thumbs up in your forums. Guess I got to give this thread a Heart!

November 24, 2017 at 2:03pm