Information Icon
Create an User Account or Sign In to add a Post or Comment.

Music as art? Will Synthesia redefine music for the modern era?

Imagine a piano piece embellished with more than 100,000 notes for art's sake. Can we play it? No. But a computer sure can!

Here is a Christmas Black MIDI piece for you. BLACK because if you were to print out the score, you'd smear the whole paper black with the "thousands of" (or sometimes "millions of") notes.

Is this visual artistry perhaps just a passing phase?

... See More

Music as art? Will Synthesia redefine music for the modern era?

Imagine a piano piece embellished with more than 100,000 notes for art's sake. Can we play it? No. But a computer sure can!

Here is a Christmas Black MIDI piece for you. BLACK because if you were to print out the score, you'd smear the whole paper black with the "thousands of" (or sometimes "millions of") notes.

Is this visual artistry perhaps just a passing phase?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5l3557hyp4

#MusicAesthetics

of 6
Gavin Koh

To achieve the snowflakes effect you see in the video, you only need to copy and paste a group of notes resembling a single snowflake. To displace the snowflakes across the horizontal axis, you... See More

To achieve the snowflakes effect you see in the video, you only need to copy and paste a group of notes resembling a single snowflake. To displace the snowflakes across the horizontal axis, you only need to transpose these groups.

November 23, 2017 at 11:44pm
Mabel Ong

I can't keep up with the everything flying here and there. Lol! Who in the world has the time to make this kind of song?! ?

November 29, 2017 at 9:42pm
Gavin Koh

I am hoping it will be Generation Z, Alpha Generation and beyond, who will take any form of music and make it into a visual spectacle.

November 29, 2017 at 9:56pm
Michael LS

What did I just see!? ?

January 15, 2018 at 5:56pm