I am fully qualified piano teacher, with a postgraduate Diploma in Piano Performance as well as BMus (Hons.) degree with distinction result in my final piano recital.
As a brief introduction to my teaching portfolio, I have been teaching for over 15 years both in Greece and Singapore, privately and in local music institutions using various different examination syllabuses in each
country with 100% passing rate and mostly distinction result.
I have taught students as young as 5 years old to young adults in their 20s from various background. I constantly prepare students for exams, festivals, performances and competitions. My students have also successfully auditioned into music college locally in Singapore as well as abroad.
Over the years, I have been invited as an internal examiner in local music schools in Singapore. In my music lesson, besides teaching the technical aspect of playing the instrument, I incorporate music theory, aural sensory as well as musical analysis.
I personally believe that to achieve good piano playing, besides fingers technique, aural sensory of students must be instilled from very early on. I am a keen enthusiast in bringing out each student’s potential based on their individual abilities and most of all, instilling musical understanding and musicianship as well as cultivating their love and passion for music.
- Providing music teaching through piano-playing, from beginners to advanced level, on one-to-one basis.
- Preparing students for Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music and Trinity Guildhall, London syllabuses from graded to diploma exams as well as music college audition.
- Identifying and training potential students for performance, festivals and competitions.
- Lesson-planning (e.g. repertoires and exam time) according to each student’s ability and monitoring individual student’s progress.
- Communicating with parents regarding the progress of each individual as well as awareness.
- Teaching theory of music as well as aural training in the lesson for a complete development of musicianship.
- Organize annual students’ recital to create performance opportunity for the students and to showcase their talent and hard work.