Prepare to be astounded by the esteemed British virtuoso organist, Thomas Trotter, in an evening recital of organ greats. A myriad of organ colours from Bach to Ginastera gives way to a celebration of familiar and famous British tunes, including the glittering magnificence of Holst’s Jupiter and the regal grandeur of Elgar’s Land of Hope and Glory.
- Thomas Trotter, organ
- J.S. Bach
Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C major, BWV 564
Two Studies in Canonic Form, Op. 56
- Alberto Ginastera
Toccata, Villancico and Fugue, Op. 18
Fantasy and Fugue on the theme B-A-C-H, S. 260
- J.C. Bach (arr. Thomas Trotter)
Concerto in D major, Op. 1, No. 6
- William Thomas Best
Introduction, Variations and Finale on God Save the Queen
- Holst (arr. Thomas Trotter)
Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity from The Planets
- Elgar (arr. Herbert Brewer)
Chanson de Matin, Op. 15, No. 2
- Elgar (arr. Edwin Henry Lemare)
Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1
Autograph Session with Thomas Trotter
Standard Tickets: $20
- No admission for infants-in-arms and children below 6 years of age.
- Latecomers may expect to be admitted after Toccata, Adagio and Fugue in C major (15') or Two Studies in Canonic Form (7'). Subject to change at the discretion of the performers.